Newsong Core Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newsong Core Team

This is the workroom for Newsong Bangkok. Where we collaborate, discuss, and set action steps toward achieving our destiny!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What stands out to you in James chapter 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What stands out to you in James chapter 1 Empty What stands out to you in James chapter 1 Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Admin

Admin

Hi guys, as you read through James chapter 1 I want you to take note of one or two things that really stand out to you as interesting. Please reply here.

https://newsong.board-directory.net

Bob Scott

One of my favorite verses in james chapter 1 is verse 5 - "if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

There are many smart people in the world, but wisdom is different than knowledge.

Fung

Very Happy

Robyn Wong

I had always heard that the testing of our faith produces perseverance. But this verse started having a deeper meaning for me when I read verse 4

"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

It is not just for the sake of developing the good quality of "perseverance" but each time your faith is tested, you are one step closer to becoming the complete version of who God created you to be, mature in your walk with Him. And understanding THAT, really motivates me! bounce

Bob Scott

Robyn Wong wrote:I had always heard that the testing of our faith produces perseverance. But this verse started having a deeper meaning for me when I read verse 4

"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

It is not just for the sake of developing the good quality of "perseverance" but each time your faith is tested, you are one step closer to becoming the complete version of who God created you to be, mature in your walk with Him. And understanding THAT, really motivates me! bounce

I like that Robyn. I need to think on the more today! Good food for thought!

tchungasia

reading thru the chapter reminded me that without trial, there is not going to be much growth or character development. Growth is in hidden in the trials. I feel like i am so programed to avoid pain and trials and not walk thru it with an attitude of "I am going to conquer you" with faith and whatever that i already have been given.

is like having a gym membership but avoiding pain, not much change is going to come from easy workouts. no pain = no muscles = no capacity

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum